|Summary of changes|
|– 1 – Updated the base prices for Legendary formations|
|– 2 – Note currently all cavalry formations are priced 5 points cheaper than in the WotR rules book. These are listed below.|
|Riders Éored||30/ co||25 /co||(5 points cheaper cavalry)|
|Royal Knights||35 /co||30 /co||(5 points cheaper cavalry)|
|Oathsworn Militia||20 /co||20 /co||—|
|Oathsworn Bowmen||20 /co||20 /co||—|
|Outrider Éored||35 /co||30 /co||(5 points cheaper cavalry)|
|Rohan Royal Guard||35 /co||35 /co||—|
|The Sons of Eorl||45 /co||40 /co||(5 points cheaper cavalry)|
|The King’s Guard (Infantry)||100 + 35/co||65 + 35/co||Gamling: Royal Standard + 40**
Hornblower + 10 points
|The King’s Guard (Cavalry)||100 + 35/co||65 + 30/co||Gamling: Royal Standard + 40**
Hornblower + 10 points
|Erkenbrand’s Riders||115 + 40/co||80 + 30/co***||Hornblower + 10 points|
|Théodred’s Knights||135 + 45/co||75 + 40 /co||Hornblower + 10 points|
|Grimbold’s Helmingas||85 + 30/co||55 + 30/co||Hornblower + 10 points|
|Elfhelm’s Riders||90 + 40/co||65 + 35/co||Hornblower + 10 points|
* See bottom of the page for a more detailed description of how the new legendary formation costs were determined.
** Royal Standard has its own special rule and also counts as a banner. (Banner = 20 points, special rule = 20 points, total: 40 points)
*** Erkenbrand’s Riders are a standard Éored statline with +1 strength. So are priced as a standard Éored + 5/co.
|Théoden, King of Rohan||125||125|
|Meriadoc, Esquire of Rohan||75||75||—|
|Éomer, Marshal of the Riddermark||90||90||—|
|Éowyn, Shield-maiden of Rohan||75||75||—|
|Eorl the Young||135||135||—|
|Erkenbrand, Captain of the Westfold||75||75||—|
|Théodred, prince of Rohan||125||125||—|
|Déorwine, Captain of the Royal Guard||50||50||—|
* The costs of epic heroes has not changed, currently.
Legendary Formation Pricing
This is discussed in greater detail in the Elves’ pricing. But to summarise the new costs are:
- 20 points per Might point of any Heroes.
- 10 points for any ‘special’ rules beyond those available in the standard troops of the same type.
- 10 and 20 points for a Musician or Banner respectively, if included in the formation.
- 60 points if a hero is a spellcaster, and 30 points for each extra level of Mastery.
- 10% taken off the total of the above to make sure the Legendary formation is a little more ‘desirable’ and ‘efficient’.
For the Rohirrim this has meant a significant price reduction for all the legendary formations. In addition some of the company prices have changed, the cavalry benefits from the -5/co. However Erkenbrand’s Riders seemed very expensive for a standard éored with +1 Strength, and so were repriced accordingly. The Royal standard’s Might restoration and Theodred’s similar one I priced at 20, not the standard 10 used for legendary formation special rules, as it is likely to replenish at least 1 Might point.